Elements and tactics

If you'd like to discuss battle tactics and other similar ideas, this is the place.

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .
Elements and tactics

Post by Bedeo » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:16 pm

So, shifter normal attacks are shoddy, wyrm special attacks are fun...what elemental resistances does your character have so that I can fly around roasting or freezing our enemies without hurting you?

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:40 pm

I know Asia has a ring of major fire resistance or some sort of fire resistance ring.

Hard to avoid hitting people sometimes with the area spells. I know I have burnt a couple party members, and droped some ice chunks on their heads as well. Can't be avoided sometimes. Though because of that I don't use my ice falling spell often. I try to see if there is a group of enemies by themselves ( not often) or with only one of our members engaged with them, then I dump the ic on them and minamize the effect to all other party members.

That's why I use lightening a lot. It hits a large area, but only targets enemies, not party members. Otherwise I'd use the ice storm thing more, it does more damage, but it targets everyone.

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Nitricity
Skotch Bippins

Post by Nitricity » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:29 pm

Skotch is immune to cold damage.

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:23 pm

Lindalas doesn't have any elemental immunities (I have a ring-less finger... hint hint). However, I do tend to stay back far enough to be safe (spent too much time with Zap to be careless about those things).

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:36 pm

Nitricity wrote:Skotch is immune to cold damage.
Probably from years of carrying an ice cold flask under his clothes. He just became imune to all cold damage. :wink:

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:37 pm

Basically I went shifter for the RP and variety it gets.
I suppose I could simply buy everyone a ring or amulet of X resistance and warn them to wear it untill I get humanoid form, which is great from my leveling up tests on character building mods. I tested out Harpy song some more also, and it appearantly has unlimited uses per day for me, it would've been the ideal; thing for the pirate island with all those low willed rogues, but I couldn't get the damn thing to work, turns out I just have to target a creature and have them really close (so much for the 'huge' area of affect I've seen quoted).