merchants

If you have something in mind for your character, be it an activity, an item, or otherwise, that you don't mind others seeing, post here

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Tunari
Asia
merchants

Post by Tunari » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:44 am

I need some blank scrolls added to the magic merchant please. :D

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:49 pm

and some skill-boosting gloves rings or amulet...specifically parry incresing things? Gloves of swordplay come to mind

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:00 am

I know there is a Swordmans Belt in one of the merchants. Is that the same?

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:52 am

No, swordsman's belt gives a bonus against "sharp" melee attacks.

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:57 am

Seeing as you are in the realm of the gnomes, with Sebo the Lord of Illusions, some blank scrolls should be around. Melee boosting items are less likely (and remember, the original idea behind putting merchants in the start area was to cut down on in-game time running around town doing mundane things. So, the merchants should have basic stuff and some magic items, but not a full selection of everything. That is not to say you won't come across things you like later on . . .)

Regarding the blank scrolls, if you can look up what they typically cost, I will probably just transfer them to you for that price, instead of revising the module you are currently in (so we can play off of the saved game next time). I will try to remember to add basics like that to future mods, though.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:56 pm

Well, I went back to the toolset to see what they cost and don't have an answer.

When I make a blank scroll in the Item Wizard, it shows a cost of zero.

It only shows me a cost if I make it a "magical scroll" and give it whatever number of charges and spells etc..

Tymesage do you have blank scrolls in any of the games you DM? Have an idea what you have your merchants charge for them?

Sorry for not being too helpful there V.

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:50 am

If need be I will try to fire up the game in player mode, along with a merchant that has the scrolls, and see what they charge roughly.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:57 am

Venture wrote:Seeing as you are in the realm of the gnomes, with Sebo the Lord of Illusions, some blank scrolls should be around. Melee boosting items are less likely (and remember, the original idea behind putting merchants in the start area was to cut down on in-game time running around town doing mundane things. So, the merchants should have basic stuff and some magic items, but not a full selection of everything. That is not to say you won't come across things you like later on . . .)

Regarding the blank scrolls, if you can look up what they typically cost, I will probably just transfer them to you for that price, instead of revising the module you are currently in (so we can play off of the saved game next time). I will try to remember to add basics like that to future mods, though.
*gasp* no parrying gloves for sissfus? *weep*

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:22 am

Ohh, poor Sissy,

Just stay juiced up on skill increasing spells/potions until you find some gloves.

I know Asia has a few extra bottles of various on her, always forget about them though. She'll share. They'll help in the fights. Not directly to increase Parry mode, but other ways.

When Wilks is around he should be casting a lot of group buff spells that will help you out until we find you some gloves.

Bree was good for that also. I need to send her another email.

Nitricity
Skotch Bippins

Post by Nitricity » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 pm

I think scrolls only cost 1-2 gp ingame, at least that's the price I've always seen them at. The real price is in making something constructive from the piece of paper.