Roleplay for May 18, 2005 session

This forum is for in-character discussion.

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!
Roleplay for May 18, 2005 session

Post by Venture » Wed May 11, 2005 9:31 pm

The bodies of the halfling bounty hunters lay at your feet, their blood oozes into the cracks on the floor. As you watch their breath leave their body, you hear a relieved sigh behind you.

Stepping out of the darkness is another halfling, but this one clad in wizard's robes.

"By golly, you folks have good timing! Thought this place would be the death of me before I found you!"
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Nitricity
Skotch Bippins

Post by Nitricity » Sun May 15, 2005 11:39 am

Skotch stares up at the ceiling for a few moments, winded after one of the assassins knocked him off his feet. He then gets up, stretches a bit, and as if the "visitor" wasn't there, begins going through one of the assassin's things. All he can find of interest is the shortsword though, the same one which sent shocks through his flesh when it struck his side. He wipes it off on the armor of the now-dead halfling, and moves over to the third one who just appeared from seemingly nowhere. Brash as ever, he starts:

"Eh? Who der bloody'ell are you?"

Post by Guest » Sun May 15, 2005 2:23 pm

Seeing the third halfling appear Lindalas quickly forgets about the dead bounty hunters at his feet and puts another arrow on his bow. "I'd better put this arrow straight through his mouth to shut him up" Lindalas thinks, expecting this newcomer to be a spell caster of some sort. "How I wish I had a way to silence wizards before they cast. Perhaps I need to talk to a fletcher next time we're in a big town to see if there are any special arrows that would help me silence or daze a foe". All these thoughts rush through his mind as his right hand pulls the bowstring. "One false move and this guy gets it..."[/i]

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Sun May 15, 2005 2:38 pm

The robed halfling stumbles back, startled.

"Easy there! Is this how you greet everybody?"

The halfling seems to be sweating and trembling.

"Cripes, all I'm doing is looking for someone. And here I thought maybe I had found him."

The halfing shakes his head with a frown.
Venture

Boomer

Wilks

Post by Boomer » Mon May 16, 2005 9:45 pm

Wilks sighed in disappointment. He was hoping they'd find a lovely maiden in distress. Or better yet... a dozen lovely maidens in distress. But instead of a dozen maidens, he gets one midget with hairy feet.
"Who is it exactly that your looking for?" asked Wilks. He almost asked if he could juggle, but the other midget seemed deeply offended by that question.

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue May 17, 2005 10:52 am

As happy as Asia was to be out in the wildes, it was time to go fine the group again. She just couldn't help it lately...being outside, the forests, the high grass, the rolling hills..she could run through the outdoors with SIlk and remember being young and carefree.

"ok Silk, we need to get going. Think they were heading East, let's go that way. The two set off to find the others. Between Silk's nose and the trail of encounters the group left, it wasn't hard to track them.

They ran into a group of traveling actors heading West and spoke to them and they had in deed seen their friends, and one not so much of a friend yet named Wilkes.

Heading in the direction the travelers pointed Asia and SIlk came upon another clear saign of their group..a bunch of Thun-Foul bodies..some scorched, hmmm looks like Zas was here...others stabbed in the back, and here was Skotch...and another sign...bodies that looked like pin cushins with fine arrows sticking out of them in all directions..aha and Lindalas also..yep they went this way.

Continueing on, they came to an area called the Pilgrim's Rest, where they spoke to someone named Jolor, he apparantly had just left the group not long ago at the Hall of Never Forgotten.

Asia and Silk headed in that direction... "geez Silk, our group is pretty easy to track aren't they? hmmm, that's not good."

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Tue May 17, 2005 12:04 pm

The halfling looks a bit relieved to still have his head, as he ponders Wilks' question.

"Someone in particular, and nobody special. I hear there is a wizard named Mantric traveling 'round these parts, and I need to find him . . . or someone like him."

He raises an inquisitive eyebrow, hoping someone might provide some help.
Venture

TymeSage
Zastaph Mantric

Post by TymeSage » Tue May 17, 2005 1:53 pm

Zastaph Mantric raised his left eyebrow. these skirmishes were really getting on his nerves. he was glad he came out again with a pretty clean robe.

and indeed, he was really surprised to hear the strange halfling mention his name. "I am the great Zastaph Mantric. who dares to seek MY attention?" he spoke in a deep threatening voice...

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Tue May 17, 2005 4:16 pm

Both of the eyes of the surprised halfling open wide as he takes a step back. He stammers, stops and starts, fumbling over his words. Finally, he pauses, curses his tongue-tied state, and takes a deep breath.

"Alright, let me just cut to the point. I'm Flipi Blin, soon-to-be wizard extraordinaire! I was the apprentice to Lenthalon the Fickle."

The halfling pauses and looks around, and frowns when he realizes that none of you recognize either name. He then continues with a sigh.

"Well, he's dead. Yea, kicked the bucket. I guess his heart couldn't keep up with that raw meat diet he enjoyed. Did I tell you about the time . . ."

The halfling drones on for some time about various culinary choices, obviously NOT cutting right to the point. Noticing the agitated stares greeting him, he swerves back to the reason for his appearance.

"So, the old coot was nice enough, in his last will and testament, to leave me some of his stuff, and let me stay in his tower if . . ."

Flipi pauses with a frown.

"If I found a wizard of requisite power to take me on as apprentice."

Flipi lets out a gasp of disbelief.

"As if I wasn't ready to have my own tower!"

He then fixes his stare on Zastaph.

"I've been asking around trying to find someone with enough "juice" so to speak- someone who isn't just all talk. I started at Gedoron Supris' tower, and his apprentice mentioned Zastaph Mantric. Asking around in the village, it wasn't too much trouble to follow your trail here."

He looks around at all of you.

"You folks sure leave a lot of dead bodies around," he mutters.

He then gives a shrug, and turns back to Zastaph.

"So, you interested? You get a nice tower that you only need to stay in a small number of nights each year, and a pretty low maintenance apprentice who won't bug you much at all, leaving you free to do whatever the hell you want. Hell, you can travel the world and keep killing stuff if that floats your boat. In return, I get to keep my bedroom, and some other goodies he left for me in his will, if I find a new master."

He then stops talking, and looks up at Zastaph, with his hands on his hips, and his right foot tapping the ground impatiently.

As the halfling waits, you see Asia and Silk come bounding down the corridor behind you, apparently eager to rejoin their companions.
Venture

Boomer

Oh brother...

Post by Boomer » Tue May 17, 2005 7:02 pm

Wilks rolled his eyes as he heard Zastaph speak in a deep voice. Talk about an ego. But then elves did have a superiority complex. Luckily Wilks was only half-elf, and didn't seem to get any of that certain trait.

"Ah Asia, you have finally joined us. Do not fear my dear. I know this place is dark and scary, but you have me to protect you," says Wilks with a charming smile.

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Wed May 18, 2005 9:14 am

450 XP for Skotch, Lindalas, Wilks, Asia, and Zastaph.
Venture

Winsome
Bree Banter

Post by Winsome » Wed May 18, 2005 1:45 pm

*slowly being pulled from her sad reverie at the sight of the desecration of the great hero warrior, Lockarm, filled with a greater sadness and need to put things right than she even normally would feel, she dimly hears the sounds of battle in the distance and the voices of her comrades, Bree shakes off the thoughts and quickly begins making her way toward the sounds of battle and raised voices of her companions*

Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss are the things that die inside us while we still live ~Norman Cross

Miguel
Miguel Marrakesh

Post by Miguel » Wed May 18, 2005 1:51 pm

Miguel surveys the growing number of bodies left in the party's wake. He wonders a moment if it's disrespectful to leave all this blood around Trianda's temple, making it look more like a shrine to the orc god Gruumsh.

"Well, more important to clear out the rest of the desecrators". The thought of bashing more enemies cheers him up. "Let the acolytes tidy up, I did plenty of grunt work when I first joined the Order".

He peers from beneath his protruding brow at the halfling chattering away about wizards and towers and then, bored and impatient, starts scraping one of his tusk-like lower canines with a thick and gnarly fingernail.

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Wed May 18, 2005 4:03 pm

Ding ding ding! 750 XP to each of you for the entire party posting this week. Also, I will give Asia her 450 from last week as well, as she wasn't around to get it last session.
Venture