Roleplay April 5th

This forum is for in-character discussion.

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .
Roleplay April 5th

Post by Bedeo » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:51 pm

You stand in the mos-covered cavern of some recently-dead Druid, having fought your way into the horrors of the foothills of the Barren Peaks. Some evil is afoot, a small village is under siege by strange creatures, that once slain, leave the corpses of far smaller and more mundane beings.

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:39 pm

Asia adusts her equipment after resting a bit. Had some close calls today with those Boars turned Basilisks. We have to figure this quickly. Hope it hasn't been like this long...everything was fine a few years back when I left the Barren Peaks on my journey South to find out more about this land and myself.

Though my village was further North, on the other side of the Peaks, I didn't see any of these "possessed" creatures on my way through this region.

"Is everyone rested and ready to go soon?"

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:34 am

Whipple looks downcast and more tired than he should, and deep in thought. With a scratch to his eyepatch, he looks up with a sign.

"Sure, let's go."
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Miguel
Miguel Marrakesh

Post by Miguel » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:19 pm

Miguel adjusts the armor he found with the druid's note, getting used to his new metal suit. It looks vaguely machine-like, as if not initially created for a flesh and blood creature to wear, but seems to fit well enough.

As he walks around various clicking, whirring, and hissing noises emanate from the armor. Despite the weight of the large metal plates, it feels quite light once put on. In fact, everything seems light - Miguel stubs his toe against a hefty rock, but instead of stumbling he sends the rock bouncing downslope.

He pauses, then finds a chunk of rock the size of a barrel and attempts to lift it. The noise from the armor increases in pitch, then the boulder slowly rises. Mig lifts it over his head, then looks at the rest of the group and smiles.

"It's clobberin' time!"

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:56 pm

"what kind of strange Gnomish armor did you find? Who else would make a strange suit of armor with whirring pieces and all THAT RACKET!!! We are not going to be able to sneak around anywhere with you clunking and clanking even more then before!!...is it hissing also? That is the armor right....not you Mig?" I swear Mig if you are letting loose while we are in a cave I'm gonna light you up like a torch!! And with all the "gas" escaping you...it will be a bright one!!

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:38 am

In a grove far, far away...

Lindalas is starting to regret his decision to stay behind. It isn't because of the stench from the corpses of a band of grave robbers that is currently providing food for a group of ravens and vultures, nor from the scar on his left cheek he received while "preparing" the vulture meal. No, that is all part of the life he chose when he kneeled by his fathers grave so many years ago and swore revenge. He fiddles with the dagger he has been carrying since then. Just looking at the dagger used to fill him with rage and energy, not so anymore. It has lost its luster. Revenge as it turns out wasn't sweet. Yes, it was necessary to see the assassing Shakeshaft die for his crime, but it left no satisfaction. While battles still provide an adrenaline rush it is increasingly feeling like a necessary evil to be done. Lindalas wonders if this is what the rat catchers feel like when they are called in to eradicate a local pest.

Lindalas regret comes from boredom... only a day after his friends left for Torgan's Delve he started to realize how much he missed travelling in general and travelling with them in particular. Sure, they are a crazy and not always likeable bunch. Well, if rulers of Elvenwood sends some reinforcement I may still catch them before Simon has a chance to betray them again...

He has hardly completed that thought when he notices some movement in the woods to the south. He slips behind a column and puts an arrow to his bow string. Slowly a group of 15 elves emerge from the woods, scanning the area with their bows at the ready.

Not being one to take any chances, Lindalas remains concealed as he calls out "Halt, lower your arms and state your business!"

The elves looks startled and quickly scatter for cover, certainly not dropping any bows as they do. "This is Cainam of Elvenwood" one of them calls out "we are here in search of Lindalas d'Ebo".

"Is that so?" Lindalas waits a few moments then calls out again "BLUE". The elf calling himself Cainam immediately (and with some relief it seems) respond with "JAR" as he steps out into the clearing, the bow no longer at the ready. Quickly the other members of the patrol join him as they approach monument. Satisfied that Cainam knew the proper code, Lindalas steps out from behind the column and greets the newcomers.

After some food and talk around the campfire Lindalas feels confident that Cainam and his men are prepared to take over the guarding of the statue and the graves. He packs up his belongings and bids his farewell. He then sets off along the path leading north, new energy in his stride. "Finally on the road again" he sings to himself.

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:49 am

Lindalas' journey task him the better part of a day, just as the sun is setting, he reaches the small, besieged village, and a voice hails him from the tops of the makeshift barricades"

"Elf, keep moving, there are things roaming these mountains that will snap that pretty bow AND your spine. The last group that went deeper looked as if they could take care of themselves, but we've not seen hide nor hair of them for days. They'll likely be dead, and you will be too if you don't move your hide back down those hills"

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:02 pm

Lindalas just smiles as he looks upon the speaker. He notices a water skin in the guards hand and, before the guard can react, he pulls an arrow from his quiver and fires it straight through the water skin. The astonished guard is looking in surprise as his wine (he probably wasn't supposed to have that) flows to the ground in two thin spouts.

"I thank you for your concern, but mortal danger is something I'm used to handling. Now you were talking about another group ahead of me. What did they look like? A couple of orcs, a half-elf lady with a big pet cat and a crazy one-eyed gnome? If so, please do tell me where they went since I'm trying to catch up with them. Oh, and here is some WATER to replenish your loss"

With that Lindalas removes a full water skin from his belt and tosses it to the still surprised guard.
Last edited by lindalas on Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:34 pm

The guard looks perplexedly at his quickly depeleting stock of wine. He hurriedly sticks his lips under the stream, and gulps it down. In doing so he takes his attention off of Lindalas and does not notice the waterskin flying towards him. It hits him with a solid thump, and he stumbles, loses his balance, and falls down with a surprised sqwark. When he stands he is covered in wine, the dark red of the vintage dying his skin a funny pink colour. He glares at lindalas, and then points directly away from the village, to the east, into the mountains (I think it's east, I can't remember how the areais setup).

"That way" He points, scowling "...and I REALLY hope you don't run into trouble....friend"

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:48 pm

Whipple looks up at Asia and Miguel with a wrinkled nose, pondering the discussion of flatulence.

"And if you do let loose, make sure you get some elevation! Because I'm not exactly at an ideal level here!"
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:53 pm

Hmmm, you make a good point there Whinkie. *Asia grabs Mig and helps him turn so that he is showing his back to Butterstick* "ok Mig, let it fly. Let me get outside the cave first though" *Asia smiles and starts to dash out of the cave* "come on Silk!! you don't want to stay in here"..

Miguel
Miguel Marrakesh

Post by Miguel » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:19 pm

Mig looks back and down at Whipple and sees what might be alarm in the one uncovered eye.

"Ah, you don't have to worry until we get to the festival, after a barrel or two of beer though you might want to keep your distance"

He goes clunking out of the cave accompanied by the whirring of unseen machinery.