Roleplay for March 22, 2006

This forum is for in-character discussion.

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .
Roleplay for March 22, 2006

Post by Bedeo » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:08 pm

You stand in front of the now restored statue. Having battled your way through the minions of the necromancer, destroyed his black altar, which freed the gem, and ultimately destroyed the crypt.

Along the way, you met your traitorous friend Simon, who had apparently been betrayed himself, and was attempting to raid the crypt for treasures to replace his lost equipment.

As the stone was replaced, the statue begin to glow slightly, and an elven ranger appeared from the treeline of the now recovering forest. He told you the story of a massive battle pitting Elves and Dwarves against a horde of Orcs. The statue was apparently created with the gem in its hands to keep the shades of those departed at rest.

The elf also warned you of a chaos seeping into the lands, a force which had ultimately corrupted the guardian of the statue, and turned him into the foul necromancer who you had so recently slain. Singling out the now returned Simon in particular, due to his orc blood,he warned you to be on your guard as you continued your journies, before walking towards the trees, and fading from sight.

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:43 am

Whipple watches the elf fade into the forest, and, standing near Simon, turns to the others.

"Hrmph! Some thanks that was. If we end up missing a free party, the dwarves will surely be upset at my absence."
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:07 pm

Before the elf can disappear into the shadows Lindalas runs over to him and stops him. You see them stand together talking for a few minutes, occationally pointing to the statue and at other times pointing to the woods. After a while they seem to be in agreement about something and the elf turns and slips into the darkness of the forest. Lindalas walks back over to the group.

"My friends, I know you are looking forward to the part at Torgan's Delve and it is well deserved... for most of you. I do however feel that my kinsmen need me right here. The old guardian is dead and there is nothing here stopping evil from once again taking over this place. I believe it is best if I stay behind here to make sure the departed can rest peacefully. The plan is to send words to the forests of Elvenwood and have them come up with a plan for the permanent protection of this sacred place but until that is in place my duty is to take the first watch. Here Asia, keep this ring until we meet again, I hope it will protect you as it has protected me." Lindalas hands Asia a plain gold ring with a small amethyst set in its center. He turns to Miguel. "Mig, here are a couple of camp kits in case you need to rest but can't find an inn. I figure you are both able to carry the load and are reasonably trustworth, at least for an ogre." Lindalas hands Mig three bundles of firewood, food and temporary shelter. "Good luck my friends, I will find you once the rulers of Elvenwood sends relief".

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:14 pm

Asia takes the ring in her hand and closes her fingers over it. "thanks Lind, I can't believe you are staying here..we might not see you for days or weeks! *whispers* and you are leaving ME to keep an eye on Simon, who appears is going to be traveling with us now...terrible timing". *speaks up again*, "I'm not happy about this...*blinks a couple times, not tears they coudln't be* "you're gonna wreck my image, can't have them thinking I'm soft", *gives Lind a quick hug* "hurry back to us ok"......*wipes her eyes and straightens up, turns a sees Whimple looking* "what are you lookin at!!! go stand over there before I stick a sword in you".....*trying to get her strong composed look back, she steps back a bit, crosses her arms and glances around to make sure no one else is looking at her*............

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Miguel
Miguel Marrakesh

Post by Miguel » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:38 pm

Miguel takes the camp kits and puts them in his discount magical bag, lessening their weight somewhat.

"Don't worry Lind, I'll drink for the both of us at the festival!"

Turning to the rest, he urges them on.

"Let's get to the party! I've worked up an appetite after all that skeleton bashing!"

As the group gets back on the road, he keeps a wary eye on Simon, pondering how to prevent another betrayal.

TymeSage
Zastaph Mantric

Post by TymeSage » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:31 pm

Zastaph Mantric gave his brother Lindalas a long goodbye-hug, whispered some elven words into his ear and watched his kinsman vanish in the green lush woods.

after that he composed him self again, massaged his forehead and joined the group again.
Magic lies in the eye of the Beholder

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:09 pm

So Mig..your'e gonna drink for Lind at the festival huh? Does that mean we'll see you drinking fancy Elven Wine from a pretty glass, instead of the usual murky swill you call Ale served in a bucket?

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:34 pm

Whipple watches the long hug that Zastaph gives Lindalas, raises an eyebrow, and mutters aloud as he shakes his head, "I don't even want to know."
Venture

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:48 pm

A small, translucent, rat-shaped figure slowly emerges from the trees, it appears to float a few inches above the ground. As it passes into a patch of sunlight, it dissappears completely, but as it wanders through some shadow, it can easily be seen, glowing faintly with its own phosphoresence. It meanders over to Asia, and attempts to kick her in the shin...but it's foot passes right through her leg. It squeaks angrily. As Butterball speaks, his voice appears to catch it's attention. It seems to ponder something for a moment, and floats over to him. Half-climbing and half-floating, it scurries up his back, and dives under his hat

Miguel
Miguel Marrakesh

Post by Miguel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:17 pm

Mig turns to Asia,

"No, I'll be drinking Elven Wine from a bucket, those little glasses break when I pick 'em up!"

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:45 pm

Whipple starts flapping his arms madly. "Ahhhh! Get it off! Get it off!"
Venture