Roleplay for March 12, 2006

This forum is for in-character discussion.

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .
Roleplay for March 12, 2006

Post by Bedeo » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:39 pm

You have surived the horrid food and accomodation of Gollenrood's sanctuary. Despite Sissfus' having been turned into a dog, and being followed by an annoying little gnome, you are on your way to Torgan's Delve, to celebrate in what will hopefully be high-style with the, as rumor would have it, slightly less couth dwarves of the Barren Mountains.

Of course, nothing ever goes as planned, does it? Booze, Dwarves, gold (dwarves always have gold, right??), food...Yeah, sure....

You now find yourselves dispensing righteous justice to the undead minions of some sod, who has apparently desecrated a memorial statue and stolen the magical gem which keeps the dead....well.....dead...or at least in the right bloody place, which is under the ground and not walking around attempting to stick you with pointy things....

More accurately, you've just fought your way through a forest infested with undead spider-things, and have entered (after "avoiding" a very nasty little trap..nice work, gnome!) a tree, which turns out to lead to a dank litle crypt....where you now stand...

Tunari
Asia

Re: Roleplay for March 12, 2006

Post by Tunari » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:08 pm

Bedeo wrote:Barren Mountains.
ooc: you mean the Barren Peaks right? Gettin close to where Asia grew up. Dwarves....Asia doesn't remember too many Dwarves though..they must stay IN the mountains most of the time. :wink:

Looking around the dank and dirty hole they found, "Great...a creepy filthy crypt.....you know, things just keep getting worse. First due to our last stupid portal trip, I lose all my equipment except for my reserve junk, and now were in a stinky, damp, underground crypt.... How come we never wind up finding a beautiful clean beach to fight things on?, or a gorgeous old forest, with flowers and great ancient trees, berry bushes and fruit orchards, clean lakes and waterfalls"......realizing she is bordering on day dreaming she looks around to see if she is being stared at..."well, just thought it sounded nice"..she kicks a dirty rock, skitting it across the dirty floor, bouncing off a dirty wall......"this place sucks........"

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:12 pm

Lindalas is indeed staring at her ... "Asia, snap out of it! I hate these crypts almost as much as you, but I've learned that the quicker we clean them out, the quicker we can get out of here. I'm sorry about your gear, but that suit of armor looks pretty good on you and I don't see you complaining too much about the scimitar. I'm not sure what it means, but last time I saw someone come through a portal without their gear they said something like 'very funny Skottie, now beam up my clothes'. I can't remember if it worked, but it seems like you might want to talk to Skottie about your gear. It probably ended up in one of his bags."

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:04 pm

Whipple looks around, furrowing his brow. He's then brought back to reality by the conversation between Asia and Lindalas.

"Does she always whine like this? Aunt Emma always said . . . Ah, nevermind. Anyway, listen up. See my little pixie here? She's pretty handy with opening locks, figuring out traps, and the such. So, I'd suggest no stumbling on zappy doors again, okay?"

Whipple then crosses his arms across his chest, and tries to look distinguished and wise. He fails miserably.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:20 pm

"Lind!! *grabs him and shakes him a bit* , It's not that the new armor is bad or my new scimitar either...but all MY stuff!!!! How long have we been adventuring together? You know all the things I had in my bags of holding? I had my custom armor..remember the cute one..got that at the same shop you bought your tuxedo suit...remember? I had my other scimitars, Burning Desire and Acid Dreams, had one of them enhanced in that weird cloud dream world place..remember..the ghost forge?....I had a burned out Staff, that didn't work anymore, but was in my Mothers hands when we first fought her and Simon killed her...remember Lind? All my memories were in my gear..I had gems from different parts of every land we had traveled to, I had some potion Zas gave me a long long time ago, I don't even know what it does..but I kept it because it was one of the few times Zas was actually nice to me....*still holding Lind's shoulders, but not shaking him anymore*, you understand now...all the those things had a memory attached to them, something I picked up, was given, or bought during our journeys, and I could look at them or hold them and remember those times..." *lets him go, straightens his armor out again*, sorry about that. *smiles* Just sad over all my stuff.... *hears Bundersticks comment*" just a sec Lind,* casually walks aways from Lind, wanders over and up about 10 feet in front of Butterstick in the shadows*

*doesn't actully look in Whimple's direction, but when he crosses his arms and looks away in what she is guessing is some sort of gnomish manly pose..she quitely casts a simple and fairly harmless Grease spell in front of where he will be walking...smiles feeling better now, walks back to where Lind is standing*

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:14 am

Whipple rolls his eyes at what, in his mind, is Asia's endless rambling, and steps away. Suddenly, he slips, his feet go out from under him, he becomes airborne for a moment, and then he lands on his back with a thud. The air whooshes from his lungs and then his head snaps back and cracks into the hard floor.

The dazed gnome lays still for a moment, and then dizzily climbs to his feet, holding his head with his left hand. Looking down, he sees some blood on his hand, evidently from his head.

He looks at the others with a confused, faraway look. "Careful Aunt Emma! This place is obviously a deathtrap. Whatever powerful force is here must have sensed my presence. Who knows what sort of other mousetraps await us? Don't worry, they won't get Whipple Bunderstuck that easily! We'll find your turnip stew!"

Whipple's daze then goes blank, his eyes close, he totters for a moment, and he then falls flat on his back once again. He lays there, out cold and unmoving.
Venture

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:54 am

A particularly brave rat slips towards the unconscious gnome's head, ignoring the party, and begins to nibble on his right ear, which is covered in blood from his head-wound.

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:22 pm

"Silk, go get that rat off his ear" *the cat pads over and deftly swats the rat which flys through the air.....in the direction of Mig's back*

*mumbles to herself* damnit Butterstick, can't you even slip correctly? You were supposed to stay on your feet and just slide across the floor flailing your little arms in the air!".
, kneeling down a bit, she casts a cure wounds spell on Blunderstuck's head. Seeing the wound has healed she returns to her spot over by Lind. "he won't even remember how he got on the floor. Don't know how he could hurt himself anyway, it's not like he had far to fall "

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:59 pm

As Asia finishes her spell, Whipple's eyes flutter open, and he sits up, still seated on the cold floor. He looks up at Asia with a warm smile, like the one that is given to a close relative. He then addresses her with warmth in his voice.

"Aunt Emma, that turnip soup did the trick! My head feels better all ready!"

He then bounds quickly to his feet, reaching to give Asia a hug. He doesn't quite reach her, though, as he slips and slides in the grease. At least he manages to keep his balance. He then looks down at his grease-covered robe, and then back up at Asia.

"Hmm, Aunt Emma, you don't have that secret recipe to get out stains, do you? You know, the one you used at WonderFest last year, after I ate too much of that spicy food of old man Gropnick that didn't sit well with my, er, stomach?"

Thinking of that occassion, Whipple waves a hand rapidly in front of his nose. "Phewee!"

He then catches himself and blushes. "Oh, sorry Aunt Emma. I know you like me to mind my manners, especially around strangers," he says as he gestures to the other party members standing around him and Asia, as if noticing them for the first time.
Venture

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:20 pm

The now dead rat sails through the air, and lands with a sodden thump on Miguels armor, splattering him with blood. As it falls to the floor a tiny translucent figure can be seen to rise above the corpse. Hovering over the body, it quietly but quite audibly chitters at Asia in anger. After a short tirade in rat-speak, it begins to trail along behind her, but then fades from view
Last edited by Bedeo on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Miguel
Miguel Marrakesh

Post by Miguel » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:47 pm

Miguel looks back and gives his armor a perfunctory wipe, merely smearing the rat blood over a larger area.

After looking at the corpse for a moment, he shrugs, picks it up, and drops it in his pack.

Mig responds to Asia's look of disbelief - "What? There might not be anything edible deeper down in this crypt!"

TymeSage
Zastaph Mantric

Post by TymeSage » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:25 pm

Zastaph Mantric watched the scene with the flying rat slightly amused, still fighting with the pain in his head. he wondered where it would come from. never before he experienced something like this. for a moment he suspected the new gnomish mage to be evil and attack him secretly, but he found out quickly , that this bloke was not nearly powerful enough for such magics.

this pain obstructed his perceiving of the surroundings as well as it hindered his controlled employing of magic. he nearly killed his friends in the last attack. there has to be something to happen quickly or he would be out of control....
Last edited by TymeSage on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magic lies in the eye of the Beholder

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:12 pm

OOC:
Everyone who played last week has posted, so does that count as everyone participating in the RP Forum for max Exp bonus? We don't need Nitricity or Boomer correct?

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:12 pm

mhmmm