Roleplay for January 25, 2006

This forum is for in-character discussion.

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!
Roleplay for January 25, 2006

Post by Venture » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:03 am

You are in a demiplane of magma, standing before a glowing portal. Geyers of hot lava burst around you, as the air shimmers with the heat. You are trying to find a way around the obstacles to the kobold lair.
Last edited by Venture on Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Nitricity
Skotch Bippins

Post by Nitricity » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:13 pm

As you look around, you realize it's been a while since you've last seen Skotch wandering along the outskirts of the group. You look to Lindalas, ready to ask him if his elven eyes have seen the rascal, when you notice something on his back. You begin to pick it off him before your reflexes pull your hand back in pain. Your finger is bleeding, if only a little, and on second inspection of the object you notice it is a piece of paper folded meticulously and pinned on his cloak. The pin is what seems to have punctured your finger, and being more careful this time you take the now-blood-spotted note. It reads:

I'm sorry, things have come up. I need to return home. See you again as soon as I can, stay safe, stay alive. Alantha will protect you my friends.

-Skotch

At the mention of Alantha Chath you look at the pin that was holding the note again, and realize it is Alantha itself. Before you can ponder as to why Skotch left her behind, you notice there is writing on the other side of the note.

After turning the note over you realize it is written on the back of a much longer, more formal letter. It is written in broken common, mixed with a dialect you could have sworn you've heard bits of before. After reading this second note over a few times, you think you've gotten the jist of it. In whole, Skotch's mother has become quite ill, and the mayor of Home has personally written him to let him know to come home. The letter is dated over a month ago, and you can't help but wonder how long Skotch had been carrying this note with him without letting anyone know...

//OOC: My schedule took a "turn for the worst" I suppose you could say. As it is now, I don't get home on Wednesdays until about 15 minutes before the end of the game. It's looking like it'll only be this way for the next few weeks though, so I'll only miss the next 4 games or so. So Skotch should be back in action by February 15th if everything goes well. I'll let ya guys know as soon as I find out myself.

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:58 am

As Mig nurses his bleeding finger, Lindalas turns around to see what the fuss is about. He picks up Alantha from the ground (where Mig dropped it when he cut himself). "What on earth would cause Skottie to leave Alantha?" He leanes over Asia's shoulder to read the note she is looking at. "Poor Skottie, I hope his mother gets well." Lindalas again looks at Alantha and you see a shift in his facial expression as if he just realized something. "I can't believe Skottie tried to drown us by forcing us to swim out of that cave. He was holding our ticket out the whole time." He looks around at the others "Asia? Sissfus? Do either of you want to hold this toothpick for Skottie until he gets back?"

Miguel
Miguel Marrakesh

Post by Miguel » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:15 pm

Miguel looks at the note, sees that it's longer than a few sentences and loses patience with it, tossing it aside.

He hears the gist of the message from Lindalas.

"Skotch's mother sick? If she's anything like Skotch, it's probably her liver! There's limits to what even a healer can do."

He smells burning hair moments before feeling a sharp pain on the back of his head, then starts twisting frantically, batting at the blob of lava that has landed on his helmet.

TymeSage
Zastaph Mantric

Post by TymeSage » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:13 pm

Zastaph Mantric watched Lindalas and Miguel being busy with some note. he was really surprised to see Miguel obviously being able to read. although not without hurting himself it seemed. all this fuzz seemed to be about Skotch, not really surprising, Zastaph thought. "his mother sick!" an excellent cover story! the lil bugger probably is just on another booty-laden mission of his...

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:24 pm

Reading the note Asia knows she'll miss the little trouble maker while he's gone. "we'll probably be pretty busy the next few days anyway, so before we know it our little prankster will be back".
Looks at Lind, "I'll hold his little dagger I guess. Don't give it to Siss, he is having enough trouble with voices in his head already. I think I can handle that stupid dagger. I can have a bit of a mean streak *looks at Lind to make sure he doesn't agree to quickly*, so the dagger should know I'll toss it in the lava if it gives me attitude".

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:58 pm

Sissfus flaps warily up to the group, hissing in agitation. His wings are tattered and torn, and he is covered in soot.

"Issss a goood thing I likesss heat" he says quietly.

Noticing that the group has gathered around something peculiar, he hovers over and lands on Miguels shoulder.

"What is thissss" he enquires, his eyes widen as he reads the note, but he nods softly as he finishes. "It isss besttt for himmm to go, thennn. Family isss importaant"

He folds his wings around himself, and for now appears to be content to ride on the shoulder of Miguel.

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:09 pm

Glancing over at Mig, Asia can't help but comment, "you know Mig, I love all animals, but that is the ugliest parrot I've ever seen.......*trying not to laugh* ..I hope it doesn't leave any "gifts" on your back".

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:52 pm

600 XP for Skotch, Lindalas, Miquel, Zastaph, Tunari, and Sissfus.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)