Roleplay for January 4, 2006

This forum is for in-character discussion.

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!
Roleplay for January 4, 2006

Post by Venture » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:12 pm

After foiling the plans of Reth Rathcore and others to restore the Faceless One, Krackshaw, you have made your way back through the heat and oppressiveness of Kathdoril. You have returned to the gate through which you entered, hoping it will lead you out of this horrible place. Lava bubbles around you, as the gate stands glowing before you.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:35 pm

Lindalas stands to the side looking at the gate, the lava and his friends. He then looks down at his bleeding fingers. Most of the skin on the fingertips of his right hand is gone. His quiver, once full to the brim of the finest arrows is looking very sparse indeed and the string of the bow has been worn thin in the middle. "I really need to replace this bowstring before it breaks" he says to no one in particular. Continuing to think aloud he ponders the fight they just went through. "That was almost surreal. All I could do was reload and fire, reload and fire... the demons just kept on coming. I'm still not sure how we survived, nor am I sure if we managed to accomplish what we came here to do. True, there were no one left to finish the evil ceremony but it is just a blur to me." He looks over at Wilks who is carrying the decaying body of Ned over one shoulder. "Wilks, don't you think we should throw that body into one of the lava pools here? Surely it would take care of it once and for all." He then remembers the small vial of ashes he's been carrying ever since the first run-in with the Ravisher. "Hmm... maybe that isn't enough. Even ashes might be enough for them. While I would love to see Gand's face when we bring the body back to him it may give him another shot at resurrecting Ned. Killing him the first time was hard enough and I don't really want to do it again. I think we should get rid of that body once and for all."
Last edited by lindalas on Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:31 pm

600 XP for Lindalas.

(Also, FYI, as you step through the portal, you will find yourself standing in the doorway of an unfamiliar tavern. To those in the tavern, it seems as if you came in the door of the tavern itself. The next module starts with you in the tavern).
Venture

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:19 pm

Sissfus picks himself up off the floor, where he had previously collapsed in exhaustion. Still in the form of a small black Wyrmling, his wings are tattered, and blood trickles from numerous wounds to his torso. The end of his tail is missing completely

Slowly rising into the air, he hisses in frustration. "Would that I could have sstayed that warrior for longer bloody demons! but the spellss could not touch me, and I am sure I killed one of their leaders whie the others held off the big red basstardssss! no matter how abrasive you find him, that warrior is useful to haveee"

He slowly flaps his way over to Miguel, and looks the corpse of Shakeshaft in the eyes "You caused so many problemsss didn't you?" A forked red tongue flickers from his mouth a moment, tasting the blood that trickles down the face of the corpse, then splutters and attempts to spit in disgust, as if suddenly remembering himself. "Weee should feed him to wolvesss, or piggsss...I heard pigss will eat anytthing"

A short time later, emerging into the common room of the inn, Sissfus is suddenly glad that he is flying behind Miguel, hoping he reamined unseen, he quickly shifts back to his true form. At which point he finds himself short one whole finger, and begins to curse up a blue streak about bloody wyrmlings and their tails.

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:43 pm

Lindalas realizes that no one is interested in hanging around the lava pools while they contemplate what to do with Ned's body... within seconds he is standing all alone as the others jump through the portal. He looks around himself one last time before he too jumps through the portal.

He enters the inn just in time to see Siss shift back to his regular form. "Ouch Sissy" Lindalas sais, looking at the bloody stump where Sissfus' left ring finger once was. "I hope you didn't have any valuable rings on that finger. If you're fealing brave you should let Miguel look at it, afterall he seems to have some healing skills. Otherwise I recommend you join Skottie over at the bar."

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:53 pm

Sissfus utters a few quiet words under his breath, a minor healing spell, in hopes of regaining his finger, bright light flares for a moment, and then dies, he peers at his finger expectantly as the light dies away and then his face falls in disbelief and dismay. The finger is no longer bleeding, but is now shaped like a...tail... and covered in black wyrmling scales, it also appears to have a life of its own, as it flicks and writhes from time to time. He begins to curse again, much more loudly.

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:38 pm

Asia tiredly makes her way to the portal, thankful to be leaving. She steps through the portal and finds herself standing...in a Tavern? Blinking she looks around, *do i have a head injury? doesn't feel like it*, "Hey Lind...where are we supposed to be? Do you recognize this place?" *looking at Siss and his finger problem, she tries not to laugh*, "Siss, you want to borrow some gloves?".

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:54 pm

600 XP for Lindalas, Sissfus, and Asia.
Venture

TymeSage
Zastaph Mantric

Post by TymeSage » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:08 pm

Zastaph Mantric staggered over some stones. he was tired. he was bruised. he was spent.....he had released too much magical energy. it reminded him to his legendary battle with Zendick himself. his face was bloody and his robe worn and tattered. but his rage was still flaming.

the battle was over, but the heat of the lava still ruled over the room. he walked, no! ... more stumbled to the portal while leaning heavily on his Staff Of Guarding. he checked to the left and to the right and saw with satisfaction, that all his friends were alive and in relatively good shape, well mostly. then he saw the carried body of Ned Shakeshift, which was in not so good shape. a slightly distorted grin played around the corner of his mouth as he watched the scene with obvious contempt...

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:30 pm

Sissfus glares at his finger, and then nods to Asia "Yes, but I believe I already have some" he removes a pair of heavy leather gloves from his pack, and stuffs his hands, along with the wildly protesting tail-finger, into them.