Roleplay for September 21, 2005

This forum is for in-character discussion.

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!
Roleplay for September 21, 2005

Post by Venture » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:48 pm

You stand in the Deep Court in Xruesgrim with Sebo, deciding how you will proceed to recover the Tome of Ages, and perhaps save the captured deep gnomes, if they still live. Sebo has just handed Alantha Chath back to Lindalas.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:06 pm

Sissfus looks at the dagger in Lindalas' hands long and hard. Shaking his head he sighs, and a great tension appears to go out of his shoulders. Relaxing somewhat, he allows himself a smile.

"You know...that dagger..." He says, chuckling slightly "....That dagger split our people in two since the gods know when...I never knew a thing of my history because of it...it caused me to inhabit another...body....it made me one of the three in a way also, a leader, me! I suppose I could even say that that it bought me into the path of you lot, and then re-united us after my fall in that tower, in a roudabout way" He looks around at the group as he says this.

The smile dims a little, but remains on his face, as he speaks in a more serious tone "That dagger has a lot to answer for...We can't allow the sacrifices of our people go to waste...or let her fall into the wrong hands to be used again "

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:07 am

Lindalas seems to take in and ponder every word Sissfus says. When Sissy gets to the last sentence Lindalas seems to make up his mind.

"Sissy... I have promised to give this dagger back to Skottie once it seems safe. Hearing of the wise use required with the dagger I don't think no is a safe time. While I feel comfortable guarding the dagger I wonder if perhaps you would be even better suited for that job. The fact that it might be more useful than those other dull tooth-picks you are weilding around doesn't hurt. I'm sure you are able, but are you willing to take responsibility for Alantha for the upcoming battle?"

Lindalas approaches Sissy with Alantha in hand, obviously expecting an affermative answer.

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:20 pm

Sissfus frowns slightly and then nods" If you think that it is for the best, then I will guard her." He says. He reaches out a hand to accept the dagger from Lindalas, then hesitates a moment, still holding his hand out "What of Skotch though, what will he think of this?"

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:24 am

Asia lays in the grass with Silk listening to the Ocean crash on the rocks below. She doesn't want to leave the little area she has called home for the last several weeks. Perched on a grassy outcropping of cliff, she looks out over the Storm Coast and realizes it is time to go find the group.

She had spent the weeks on the edge of a small forest between Talamorth and Spectaro, on the cliffs overlooking the Storm Coast.
The groups adventures had broken her down recently. Her inner struggles with her Mother, beside the actual physical encounters, Simon's betrayal, the neverending battles, no fun of adventure anymore, everything added up to her needing to get away and quickly. It was just a sudden thought one night...but she acted on it. Knowing that if she didn't go then, she wouldn't be able to. Hopefully the group will not be too upset with her. I mean, she didn't try to kill any of them afterall, she just needed a vacation. They are a resourceful group, they should be just fine still.

"Well Silk, I suppose we should get going". Silk nods his agreement. "Ransar should be a good place to start." Hopefuly they past through there and have left an easy trail of: dead people, destroyed structures, maybe a few grateful people, some taverns now emptied of alcohol thanks to Skotch, some merchants missing items, again thanks to Skotch, and maybe some people who pointed the group to their next destination. Asia switchs into a better form for running quickly over distance, and her and Silk bound off together.

They did pick up a trail in Ransar, from Lomyril they head to Festabulous Estate, which is an interesting place. For a few gold pieces, Faloon pointed her to the next location. She and Silk make their way through portals hidden in chess boards, to arrive at Woodvale Forest and some surprised elves. She got more of the story and headed deep into the woods. Meeting a wise Druid in a cave was a special treat. Asia doesn't encounter too many Druids in her travels and is sad she could not stay and chat more. Though, it was a bit embarressing when the old Druid told his story and came to the part where he was possessed briefly by Elri... Asia wasn't going to say anything, but couldn't resist seeing what kind of look he would have when she explained Elri was her Mother. It was worth the chuckle she got. From his portal she wound up finding another Druid, a Tree Whisperer who sent Asia through a tree portal of sortsl to Soraerdyl.

Tracking the group, she found her way to the D'Ebo home of all places. After cleaning up and replenishing her supplies Asia and Silk head to Rockland. Travleing the mountains was fine by Asia, pretty much second nature. The terrain of Rockland was very similar, though not as rugged and high as the Barren Peaks, it still felt homey. Afterall, the Barren Peaks were not far off from here. But, to her dissappointment, it appeared she was tracking the group into the mountains, literally!! "Oh crap, not underground again!", looking to Silk, whos ears were flat against his head, obviously not happy with the idea either. "oh shut up, we have no choice". Dredging on through Deeprock Hall Silk continues to sniff out the trail until they reach an entrance to......"oh no........not the Underdark again. I thought we'd all had enough of this place when we had to save Spectaro from the Drow and that weird red sky!!".."why can't we stay above ground?!!". Dangit, I hate this place. I am a part of nature!!! Do you see any trees down here!!! No, becasue I don't belong down here!! Dirty stinking filthy caves, creepy little gnomes and things running around!*shivers, whispers to Silk* "gads..this place always gives me the heebee geebees". Asia and Silk stealthely move forward. Taking a que from Silk, Asia also changes into her Panther form once again. Two pitch black shadows sliding through the caves, hearing feint voices ahead.........

Silk, you think that is them? Silk agrees, he is sensing the group.
hmm, maybe I should try to alert them to my presence, I'll try to get Lind. He can usually hear me if I direct my thoughts to him..

"Lind..Lind..is that you guys up there?......"

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:45 am

450 XP for Asia, Lindalas, and Sissfus.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)