Website login / detecting new post problems - fixed?

For Naeldor discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!
Website login / detecting new post problems - fixed?

Post by Venture » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:58 pm

Tunari wrote:Dangit, did it again. Don't reliaze that sometimes it does not log me in automatically. Can ya make it so guests can't post or something so I realize? lol :)
Anonymous wrote:I'd say the Hunt is the best of these listed. Sad I missed so much of of it. Has been a great one with lots of twists and turns along the way.

Tunari :)
Tunari mentioned this over in another thread. The login issues seemed to be one problem, and also I noticed that ever since I set up the new domain name, new posts were no longer being flagged as new (either with the orange "new post" icon or via the "View posts since last visit" link). I think I have fixed the new posts issue, but if someone notices that new posts aren't being flagged, do me a favor and let me know.

Regarding the login issue - I think that should take care of itself if you access the board with the same address every time - i.e., don't come one time to www.naeldor.com/naeldorforums , and the next time to www.klinehome.com/naeldor/naeldorforums . Technically, they are the same place accessed with a domain pointer, but I don't think your login cookies carry between the two addresses.

A final note - if you have trouble with login or identifying new posts, first try clearing your cookies, your cache, and your history, close your browser, and then start back up and login again.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:56 pm

Also, you will probably have better luck with the forums tracking your "already read" threads if you access the forums at www.naeldor.com/naeldorforums instead of at the old address, www.klinehome.com/naeldor/naeldorforums . Without going into details, even though they are actually the same place, it has to do with how cookies are managed by the server.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

watch774

Uncalled for

Post by watch774 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:44 am

Listen that is really uncalled for take a chill pill man.

TymeSage
Zastaph Mantric

Post by TymeSage » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:34 pm

...all working fine for me for quite some time (btw. I'm using the konqueror browser, if that's of interest for you).