release date postponed?

For Naeldor discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Tunari
Asia
release date postponed?

Post by Tunari » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:25 am

Last I heard the release for NWN2 was June or July.

Looks like it is now September 2006. :shock:

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... 0&forum=95

How many LB mods you think we can string together? We had several mod options we were talking about, we should make it til then right. :)

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:29 am

I'm sure we can find enough to keep us going. With 5 months to go, I might even get the bug to build again, who knows. I've always thought that if we start anew for NWN2, then we might need one final NWN homebrewed mod to tie things up, to figure out where any surviving characters are so that they might be able to be NPC's in NWN2, if we continue in the Naeldor setting. I guess we could always do that in the roleplay forums, too. (What I'm getting at - where does everyone end up when we finish NWN? Still wandering the world adventuring? Or settling down somewhere, like Lind patrolling the forests of Elvenwood, Asia one of the few women in a leadership position in the frozen north, etc.? Or all together in their own homestead or stronghold? Or in graves? :shock:

I also thought the mod we played last night was quite fun, even without a DM (although I know some of you wanted to get your current characters to epic levels).
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:08 am

On a more positive note, I read about some new commercial mac software that allows you to dual boot a Mac with XP!! Anyone know much about it? I thought mabey if it worked well, I could get myself a mac instead when I upgrade (I hate microsotf with a passion, try not to use any of their stuff if I possibly can, unfortunately all the programs I use need windows).

It's called Boot camp ans is available in beta right now

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:58 pm

hmmm, Asia ruling the Barren Peaks region.....not bad. If we get to Epic levels, I think I could retire Asia. Maybe a forced retirment anyway, if you did rebuild Naeldor in NWN2, we would be starting at new levels etc.. I wouldn't replay Asia all over again from level 3-5 or wherever we start etc..

Might be tough to do, but if there was a way to do it, if a lot of our characters become powerful NPCs in NaeldorII, whatever characters we are playing at that time, maybe we could take a break for a couple games to find a reason to play our NPCs for a couple sessions traveling with the new group for some reason or another. EX: if we found ourselves in the Barren Peaks, Asia might have a need to travel with the group for a session or so, the new group that its. If we found ourselves in tha forest, Lind might travel with the new group guiding us somewhere or something.

Guess we could make versions of ourselves in the NWN2 toolset and send them to you to store on the server for those occasions..so we wouldn't need to log in as DM to play our NPC.

Just thoughts.

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:31 pm

Bedeo wrote:On a more positive note, I read about some new commercial mac software that allows you to dual boot a Mac with XP!! Anyone know much about it? I thought mabey if it worked well, I could get myself a mac instead when I upgrade (I hate microsotf with a passion, try not to use any of their stuff if I possibly can, unfortunately all the programs I use need windows).

It's called Boot camp ans is available in beta right now

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/
It had caught my eyes a few days ago:

http://naeldor.com/naeldorforums/viewtopic.php?t=259

It would almost tempt me to get a Mac next time around, due to the Mac's superior video editing software. There's one writer, though, who feels the opposite. He says, "[i[nstead, it's more likely to convince Mac users to switch to Windows once they've used it long enough to be deprogrammed." He obviously has never met Lind or other devoted Mac users. Here is the article: Boot Camp will start exodus to Windows

Let's hope Lind gets that medical degree so he can go buy an Intel-based Mac, and dual boot to run NWN2 when it comes out.

I wonder if this will cause a decline in the number of games that are developed for both PC and Mac.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:44 pm

Here is an article I found today on MSNBC about the Windows XP on IMac thing. Apple sent this guy a new iMac to try and he writes about it and the Boot Camp function.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12309142/

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:18 am

After reading that, -very- seriously considering getting an Imac mini over a mid-level pc as my upgrade (which is happening in the next month, finally)