What class the party needs?

For Naeldor discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!
What class the party needs?

Post by Venture » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:36 am

Yes, you need class in general :wink: , but I mean what character class do you want most? This will be for me to play when Bedeo DMs. My thoughts are either some sort of "tank" type character (fighter, paladin or monk perhaps) or a rogue till Skotch returns. Of course, if Tymesage DMs with him, you might need a wizard (although I don't play the most effective wizards, from a game mechanics point of view). Let me know your thoughts.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:37 pm

If skotch comes back, a tank with a little magic would be good, mabey a paladin??

If he doesn't, definetly a rogue.

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:39 pm

A Palidin!! Well, that would be handy, good fighting abilities and some spells, but he isn't talking for the group. We'd wind up doing everything for free!!!! :shock:

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:05 am

lawful evil paladin? *grin*

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:04 pm

Ok, V....looks like Zap will be DM with me, so we either need a rogue or a mage, depending on which the rest of the party thinks they'll find helpful.

As I said, I've got a plan to up the party if I've made it too hard (I have -no- idea how hard is too hard, so...heh heh...I dunno what it's going to be like....

Rogue/mage? *shrug* the two go well together because rogue benefits frlom the high int of the mage....I'll create some gear for you in game I guess, Venture, there aren't any decent merchants where we start...or you could create using the Naeldor merchants and save him, either way....

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

For now, I'm thinking I'll stay away from multiclassing (I'll be bad enough trying my hand playing one class :shock: ). I'm thinking of two possibilities. What do you guys think?

1) Perry Tugalo - halfling rogue. Friend of Skotch's, sent by Skotch to "look after" the group in Skotch's absence (and thus he could leave if Nitricity returns). Mischievous like Skotch, but a bit more of a biting tongue to him.

2) Whipple Bunderstuck - a grumpy gnome wizard, with an eye-patch over one eye, and a story behind his nickname ("Whip"). Was always the butt of jokes from others, because of his clumsy and frail nature. Seeking to prove his worth, Whipple turned to magic. He now makes his way through the world, still a somewhat angry, sharp-tongued fellow with a point to prove.
Venture

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:46 pm

Venture wrote: Whipple Bunderstuck

oh no...not Whimple Butterstick!! I remember him from the weekend mod series summer before last. Clutsy, confused, always adjusting his itchy eye patch. lol Was Role Played very well though.

But I'd vote for the Rogue. We could use the trap deactivating and lock picking I think. Handy in the big fights also, like Skotch, sneaking around unseen (when not sneak attacking the enemy) and healing the fallin party members.

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

TymeSage
Zastaph Mantric

Post by TymeSage » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:56 am

ah, I remember Bundersnack, he was one very special character. bring it on... :)
Magic lies in the eye of the Beholder

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:23 pm

So, one vote for the Perry thief, and one for Whipple the mage. If nobody else voices an opinion, it looks like the coin flip will win the day . . .
Venture

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:50 pm

Thief is probably good (opening all locks and disabling traps with brute force works but feels a bit brutish... perfect for Mig but not necessarily for me). I've never had the pleasure? of meeting Whipple but if he can contribute (rather than getting in the way) I'll let him come with us. I reserve the right to put an arrow in his good eye should become too much of a nuisance.

So what was my vote again? Guess it is "player's choice" V :)

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:51 pm

Bedeo - tell me which of the following you prefer:

1) The DMFI start area (which was in most Naeldor mods) has a bunch of levers which the DM can pull to set, among other things, starting character level, so that new characters will be leveled up automatically on logging in. It can also be set to award starting gold based on character level (I think it gets the amount from the pen and paper DM Guide). If you want, when I get home I will use an old module that has the DMFI start area, log in as DM to set the level (you'll have to tell me what level to set it to), and then shop from the start area merchants. I'll then shut that down and start up your module before game time.

or . . .

2) I'll log on early, and you can level me up and give me some stuff.

Let me know which you prefer, and, if the former, what level I should be. Either way works for me.
Venture

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:57 pm

Venture wrote:1) The DMFI start area (which was in most Naeldor mods) has a bunch of levers which the DM can pull to set, among other things, starting character level, so that new characters will be leveled up automatically on logging in. It can also be set to award starting gold based on character level
Are those levers going to be there for everyone? lol Asia could use a level or two and some gold! lol :D

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:03 pm

Whichever is easiest for you, Venture, I can log in early and give you stuff if you want a great selection the the start area provides...or you can do it with the DMFI area.

I think Sissfus was level 12 Asia I think was 13, 14?...Lind is pushing 15, and there look to be some evil little monsters in there that lazybones has already coded triggers in for, and I'm loathe to take them out, so I'm thinking equal with Asia or one lower at what...13-14? I've eased you into the fights somewhat, so Tymesage and I can tweak it. Remember you've got to be able to blow shit up as well as Zapstaph.

Also, Rp forums are up, I'll give 650 Xp like Venture did for participation...1000 if everyone playing participates.

I've just sent Venture the Module, and the sav game I've been working with, it only too me an hour and a half to get gmail to accept the files (not because of size, but other odd issues). That should be everything! *kills gmail*

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:06 pm

Bedeo wrote:Remember you've got to be able to blow shit up as well as Zapstaph
Does that mean a mage is more needed than a thief?
Venture

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:08 pm

Uhm.....

From the parts I played through, sort of yes.

If they're both midgets, play the one which will make me laugh the most so I don't trap them in a rockslide.

Really it just meant that I liked watching Zap blowing things up.