What should we do?

For Naeldor discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

What should we do in terms of characters?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:49 pm

Keep your old chars, and tie into Naeldor
No votes
Keep your old chars, but don't tie into Naeldor
25%
Make New Chars, and decide what to do for NWN2 later
75%

Total votes: 4

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .
What should we do?

Post by Bedeo » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:49 pm

Since everyone seems divided, I thought I'd start a poll with the various suggestions people have put forward, so that we can get an idea of where to go from here......

Keeping our old chars and tying into Naeldor would come with all of the benefits and draw backs of having chars die and loot etc. Tt looks like we're going to be starting from scratch, or dropping our chars right back down to level 1 when NWN2 comes out....

Keeping old chars, but don't tie into Naeldor means we save our chars, and run two different versions of them, but when we go back to Naeldor, we don't keep their levels or gear.

New characters...is obvious, really...Mabey you could use these for ideas for your new NWN2 chars when we change.

Also, keep in mind that as Venture said 20 is going to be the cap for NWN2, I'm assuming that they'll bring out mods like HOTU and SOU like the did for NWN1. Mabey we could do this....start new chars, and play them up to the level of our old chars, and then rebuild the old ones using NWN2 at a later date and tie it into Naeldor from there.

Personally, I -really- want to start from level 1 with NWN2 when it comes out......

Remember, you're not losing your characters by starting a new one, you're opening up options for the future.

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:09 pm

I guess I am under the feeling that there won't be any more Nealdor under NWN1. The new NWN2 comes out in a few months right, and if V does decide to build/run Naeldor under that system, we will be rolling new characters at level 1.

So I guess to me these next few months is it for our current characters. That's if I am correct that we are probably played out for Naeldor 1 under NWN1.

So I wanted to end Asia on epic levels.

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:07 pm

That's the feeling that I'm getting as well....Venture, do you agree with Tunari's comment above?

If so, here's an idea.....

I'm quite happy to see if we can find an epic level mod and level our chars, or a series of mods that go to epic levels from the levels we're currently at. I'm just not sure how many there are. Anyone know of anything good?

Once NWN2 comes out, we could play together on NWN1 with someone DMing, while V and mabey BBP build, if they decide to (Venture, if you find building tedious, I'm also willing to teach myself the NWN 2 or 1 toolset and put together some areas for/with you)....once he's happy that he's built enough to run a Naledor campaign again, we could finish up a final Naledor tie in with our now epic-level chars, and have our chars become famous NPC's as was suggested previously....

Tunari obviously likes the idea of taking our current chars to epic levels, does anyone else feel that this is important to them?
Personally I would like to see Sissfus get there eventually before we finish with NWN1 as a group, but that would require someone else DMing as well as me.

Edited:

On that note, IF people wish to continue to through to epic levels, I would propose using Lazybone's "Return to Torgans Delve" as the campaign to take us to level 20. Lazybone's campaigns, I'm lead to believe, are relatively DM friendly, which is a big plus for me.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=mo ... il&id=3268

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:12 pm

Hmm. Good question. My initial intent was to take a break while Bedeo DM'd something, and then either pick up with another Lazybones mod (since we seem slotted in at those levels) or see if the building bug comes back. Either way, the thought was to tie it into Naeldor, as we've done with the current Laybones' mod. (Assuming you are succesful, I guess I can let the cat out of the bag now, too - you may recall that the reward for this mission could be your own land. I was going to let you guys collaborate on building an area for your own homestead or settlement, or whatever you wanted it to be, in the toolset, if you guys desired such a thing for your characters. I'd then dig out my old DM Guide and give you an idea as to costs to build it. Or maybe I'd have to give you an idea on costs first, so you'd know how much you could afford to build).

Now, that being said, I should confess that there is always the chance I won't be in the mood to DM NWN1 after such a break, so I don't want to pass off my first comments above as any sort of guarantee.

As far as NWN2 goes, I expect I will be pretty psyched to build with that, sort of like a kid with a new toy. Also, BBP seems pretty psyched about the game too (if you haven't noticed, he's one of the main guys behind a site to replace NWC, since Rizzen over at Neverwinter Connections has been missing in action for several months, and the community has started to plan for an alternative). I will touch base with him now to see if his interest remains regarding a campaign for NWN2.

How was that for a nice non-answer? :lol:
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:35 pm

Bedeo wrote: Personally I would like to see Sissfus get there eventually before we finish with NWN1 as a group, but that would require someone else DMing as well as me.
I forgot about the dming thing so that all our characters are included. I too would like to see ALL of us as a group at epic levels. I mean, how can there be statues and shrines to our current characters in Naeldor2/ NWN2 if we don't hit epic God like levels!! lol :D

I do really want to reach Epic levels. After several years of play I want my character to reach the top. Otherwise it feels unfinished.
To me it is like watching a great movie/tv series and then missing the end, or reading a great on going book series and not be able to read the last couple chapters in the final book.

Just my thoughts on it

Tunari :D

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:02 pm

I propose that we continue to play our current characters up to epic levels. If we're in the right range, perhaps we can end with Tomb of Horrors (I don't mind a permanent death if the alternative is retirement anyway :-).

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:17 am

Well, TOH means we need to be at 20 ish, we could use another one (like Torgan's Delve, that I suggested) to get us there. If anyone has anything else they'd like to try in that level range, let me know....