would an old version update correctly?

For Naeldor discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Tunari
Asia
would an old version update correctly?

Post by Tunari » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:03 pm

Hey everyone,

I haven't gotten the Plat edition NWN yet to load onto the new pc. I had checked at a Circuit City right by my work, they didn't have it, but they don't have a great game selection either. Haven't gotten out to check elsewhere.

I could load my very old ones, but they are so old (like V 1.22) I don't know if it would update correctly if I tried it. Maybe I'll give it a shot later today and see. If it works then I should be able to make it to the game.

I haven't checked yet, are there any special haks or anything I need for that LB module? (other then CEP which I have on CD)

ttyl

Tunari

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:21 pm

I loaded NWN gold (nwn and shadows of undrentide together) and Hotu onto my computer when I came back to the states, it updated from those discs just fine. I'm not sure what version those are, though, nor how big the file is.

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:39 pm

I'm guessing you should be OK. With all the copies of NWN out there, a certain percentage is reinstalling from their disks at any given time. Bioware would be swamped with complaints if all those people couldn't update. I've reinstalled a few times over the years, most recently last summer I think. If you end up having a problem, I think the critical update file on Bioware's site should replace all the required files.

As far as I can tell, the module for tomorrow has no haks aside from CEP.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:27 pm

Think I got everything updated ok. Took a few hours. lol We'll see later when I try to access the server. Got the game update to 1.66 something, loaded the CEP stuff. :)

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...