Possible Mods

For Naeldor discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:23 am

I'll be gone between xmas and New Years. 5th sounds good to me.

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:07 am

I think that the 5th is it for me, but I'll check, I may be free on th 28th I unfortunately have a bunch of stuff on during the christmas period.

Siss is definetly level 12.

Also, I wouldn't mind a really challenging module, our tactics need work! Though TPK is BAD

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:18 pm

Ok, sounding like the 5th would be the date to shoot for.

So, we need some input on what mod we tink sounds interesting, what level mod.

V still would need to check it out I think to see what he needs to do to run it? Not familiar with the DMFI mods, but they are supposed to be easier to jump and DM , providing notes, tools etc I believe. We would all have to download mods and haks, etc..

There were a few that looked good. V would be tieing them into Naeldor somehow right? Improtant that it is a mod he likes and feels he can drop into Naeldor somewhere. There is a lot of the Naeldor map we haven't been to.

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:37 pm

I'm going to download Bitter Harvest and Paths of Shadow onto my laptop, and take them with me on vacation. Not sure if I'll have time to play around, but hopefully I will.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:50 pm

Sounds good. You're ok with DMing it then, depending on how much they need V?

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:13 pm

WOO HOO!! Will have my new PC Thursday!! need to copy a lot of files, reload NWN etc.. But, I'll be able to play all the stuff I haven't been able to for last couple years!!

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:04 am

New computer! Sweet! Image How is it working?

Bedeo - yep, I can DM the mod. Still haven't had a chance to play through it, but hopefully this weekend or in the next week.

Happy holidays to everyone.
Venture

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:52 pm

It's workin great! Loaded Call of Duty, the 1st one, that I had bought long time ago but wouldn't work on the old system. I loaded that Friday night, I finished it last night. lol Looked great!!

Should run anything and keep me gaming for many years.
3GHZ Pent 4, 1024 MB DDR, 160GB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive, ATI Radeon X700Pro card, 17" lcd flat screen, 16X dvd-rom/CD-r/rw combo 1st optical drive, Dual layer 16x dvd/cd burner for the 2nd optical drive.
Things awesome!!

Got Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 for Christmas, haven't loaded yet. Might load the 1st one AFTER the gym tonight!! Was supposed to go the gym yesterday, didn't make it. lol

I have to go buy the Platinum or Diamond NWN soon, don't want to load my ancient NWN V 1.21 and have to update/patch the whole thing to current standards.

Tunari :D

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:44 am

Question for Tymesage if he is reading this -

In going over Bitter Harvest, I noticed that you were one of those who voted for it at the Vault, and made some comments. I'm assuming, then, that you played through it (or at least read the DM Guide, which reveals the plot twists). If you get a chance, let me know if this is the case (and if you plan on playing with us in January).

Just to be safe, I think I'll turn my attention towards the Lazybones mod in our level range.

Tunari - seeing the games you are playing is making me realize I'm getting older. On Christmas day, I commented that I must be getting old because I no longer play shooters (never did much anyway before), but instead the two games I got were simulations - Silent Hunter III (I'm having a blast with this) and Flight Simulator 2004. They are really the first new non-NWN PC games I've taken time for since NWN came out, aside from KOTOR, and a brief foray into Everquest II and Freedom Force.
Venture

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:17 am

I've been trying to get into shooters many many times but always fail. I used to play flight sims (A LOT) but have never been good with the FPS genre. I did spend a few hours with Battlefield Europe (World War II Online) the other day and it is a lot of fun, it's just that I suck :-)

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:05 pm

I'm making you feel old? lol I'm a mid thirty something remember!! lol

I had only been able to play a couple 1st shooters in the last year, the system issues. Return to Castle Wofenstein (awesome fun) and Black Hawk Down (ok). Prior to that had been 2-3 years for a shooter. That one was Renegade, which is the Command & Conquers 1st person shooter game. I hadn't played one before that, think I actually scauffed at the idea of a 1st person shooter. But, I was wrong. Was a lot of fun.

Pick up the Return to Castle Wolfenstein shooter. It was a blast, no pun intended. Great graphics, the scenes, the missions, so much fun!! I'd be leaning and ducking in my chair at the desk, a couple creepy parts in the tombs, I jumped out of the chair!!

And it has some nostalgic value for any of us old guys who played the original Castle Wofenstein about, 22-23 years ago I think. I played it on a Commodore 64. :D

The Call of Duty has been lot's of fun also. Leaning and ducking in the chair again. lol And it is neat to see the old WW! ohots and things, the story follows the end of the war pretty accurately. Did anyone see Enemy at the Gates, abotu the Russions fighting the Germans out of Stalingrade to hold the city? That mission is just like the movie, the boats accross, the Russions in charge shooting their men who tried to turn around and come back, Red Square looked like Red Square etc..

Tunari :)

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 am

I must've got into computers at too young an age, since I'm able to reminisce about DOS and 2mb of ram at the age of 21 *sweat drop*

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:23 pm

Ah Castle Wolfenstein. I played it on my Apple II in the early 80s. Those were the days!

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:34 am

Another quick question -

Wednesday is actually January 4, not January 5. It is also the NCAA national championship game. The game doesn't interest me much, but let me know if you are a sports fan and plan to watch it, so I know if we'll play this week or not. I plan to post the game at NWC shortly.
Venture

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:25 pm

I'll be watching the Rose Bowl. 8)