Possible Mods

For Naeldor discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .
Possible Mods

Post by Bedeo » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:32 pm

I've been searching Nwn vault for an decent mod we could run, and came across "Against the giants" which I believe is an old PnP conversion. I've palyed the very beginning (mabey 20 min play time) of this solo before, and loved it. The first of the giants mods is for level 8, but mabey we can just crank up the difficulty slider if we want to play our main chars. Module 2 is for 12-15 which is more like us.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=mo ... il&id=3853

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:22 pm

Think we played some of gthis with V long time ago when he was running the Weekend Module Series? Had myself, Winsome, Tymesage, weren't you in that one also? I think we had played a Sword Coast one also where you were a crazy character (no surprise) who saw Goblins everywhere?

Well, I would play any series that we can continue with our current characters. :D I'll post a question at NW C for suggestions on longer modules/mini campaigns where we can start with characters around level 11-13 and continue to Epic.

Tunari :D

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:23 pm

Dang! Cannot get my auto sign in to keep. That post is mine of course.
Anonymous wrote:Think we played some of gthis with V long time ago when he was running the Weekend Module Series? Had myself, Winsome, Tymesage, weren't you in that one also? I think we had played a Sword Coast one also where you were a crazy character (no surprise) who saw Goblins everywhere?

Well, I would play any series that we can continue with our current characters. :D I'll post a question at NW C for suggestions on longer modules/mini campaigns where we can start with characters around level 11-13 and continue to Epic.

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:28 am

I didn't get involved in the against the giants one....I do remember the sword coast though, good ol Karnous and his goblins, such fun!

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:05 pm

Here is a link to a few higher level mods on the vault.

The one at the top looks promising. "Bitter Harvest"

Vault Search Engine Link:
http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/AdvSearch.ph ... er=modules

Bitter Harvest link:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Mo ... il&id=3873
Last edited by Tunari on Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:59 pm

That seems just about perfect (except the writeup says lvls 10-12... nothing that can't be tweaked I'm sure).

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:04 pm

Think it said recommended was 10-12. Says min 10, max 15, not sure if that means to play with level 15 at the most, or that's where you'll end up after starting from 10?

I just hit 13 last game though. Aren't most of our characters level Twelves with a couple 13s? Should be ok I think? Haven't seen where everyone else is for levels for a while?

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:43 pm

Well.... I've sort of forgotten to update my NWC profile :)

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:17 pm

Here is a link to DMFI modules Carlo One provided me. SOme
more ideas here. :D

there's a level 15-20 Return to Torgam's Delve bt LazyBones. Ok Lind what are you level 14 or 15? Are you the highest in the group? This might give us some trouble with starting level 15.

But there are some others for after we are at Epic levels also!!!

levels 22-30 Tomb of Horrors by Ghool

levels 20-25 Quest of the Avatars by LazyBones.

Of course, those would be a ways off. lol Think I started our campaign at level 5 or 6 couple years ago, and only just now reached 13. So, six more levels for Epic could be a LONG time away!! lol Unless we wanted to bump ourselves up a bit.

Carlo also said that there should be a review for Bitter Harvest by Tarridus.
Here:
http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_registry/ ... 568&gid=20

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:22 pm

Here's another Lazybones' mod for levels 5-8 players of levels 8-15:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Mo ... il&id=3266

Here's one for 8-14, but only 1-5 players:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Mo ... il&id=3684
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:06 pm

I'm 14 and yes, I'm the highest in the group as far as I know. I'd love to try out Firestone peak. I think I played it PnP twenty years ago but don't quite remember. I think I've played one of Ghools mods single-player and liked his work. Doing Tomb of Horrors when we get to those levels would rock. That is one of the best PnP mods I every played back in the day (the others being Ghost Tower of Inverness and White Plume Mountain).

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:34 pm

Both sound as if they would work well, and I'm up for either.

P.s I'm level 12.

Venture, should we start up some RP on the forums to link to the end of the last Mod and the next one? Also, when do you folks think we could do this?

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:53 pm

As far as timing goes, it's probably too soon to be ready for this week, and then the next week I hope to be off somewhere on vacation skiing, if I didn't mess up my knee too badly today. I hope to be around the following week, but I'm assuming that several of you won't be, since it is the week between Christmas and New Years. So, unless most everyone is available then, my guess is January 5?

Regarding roleplay, let's figure out which module first, and then I can probably place it in Naeldor somewhere, and you can take it from there.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:18 pm

jan 5 sounds good to me, as does the roleplay

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:50 pm

Well, we can see who IS around and would be up for anything that week between Christmas and New Years also.

Sounds like V would be around?

Bedeo said the 5th, does that mean you won't be around the previous week, or you will and were just saying the 5th is as well?

We should also get a verified account of who is at what level? And pick a mod. We don't want to be too high and blow through something easily and also not too low and have multiple TPKs. lol

Asia is at 13
Siss is at 12
Lind is at 14