Shifter...hmm..

For Naeldor discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .
Shifter...hmm..

Post by Bedeo » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:38 am

So, I had this brilliant plan worked out for my shapes, took the correct feats to use expertise to up my armor class, then planned to use the special abilities of each shape to lay down the hurt while not getting slaughtered. It worked a treat after I remembered to put improved expertise on (when the pirate captain slaughtered me I didn't have it up, oops!). but I noticed that Harpys song worked once against the pirates and dazed them, but they still chased me around and smacked me around...also, it only managed to make them throw a will save once, the other times it just said 'sissfus sings' and nothing happened. Anyone know much about this at all?

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:58 am

I think even in the little guide book that came with HotU it explained a bit that some of the shifter's forms you will be able to use the special abilities and others you won't. And some of them will have limits on how many times you can use the special ability. ex: Think you can use the Wyrmling's breath weapons unlimited, but other forms abilities maybe just once etc..

I would think there is a more in depth guide or information somewhere on the Shifter's abilities by now. Tried a Google search yet? Find some good NWN info that way.

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:01 pm

Yeah, I looked up a shifter build guide on Gamefaqs. The guide shows a limit to the harpy song, but every other shifter ability that is limited to a per day useage simply doens't allow you to use it at all. The harpy song allows you to use it, but it doesn't appear to work.

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:04 pm

hmm, well. There must be a lot of people that have played a Shifter by now. I'd post to NWC or Bioware or somewhere and inquire to anyone who has played a Shifter to shed some light on the problem.

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:07 pm

I thought that's what we had nitricity for

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:13 pm

Agreed, Nitricity is a fountain of NWN/D & D information I think. But, not sure how often he's here? If you were in a hurry for the info that is.
:)

I know when I can't figure something out about characters/armor/feats etc..it drives me nuts until I can get the information. lol

Nitricity
Skotch Bippins

Post by Nitricity » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:34 pm

Not quite sure what you're asking. If you're not in drider shape you won't be able to use the darkness spell, etc. Also, some shape 'effects' have limits on how many times per day you can use them, but rather than actually limiting them by number you can cast (the easy way) bioware decided to just say "you cannot concentrate" or something like that once you pass the limit and try to use them.

Hope that helped a bit, if not this is the best shifter guide I know of, I honestly dont play them much anymore:

Zelle's Shifter Guide

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:39 pm

After multiple experiements in character building modules, I've figured it out somewhat. The answer is that the harpy song doesn't have a huge area of effect like it was supposed to, you need to be quite close.

On another note....2700 exp untill humanoid shape for Droaw warrior, lizardfolk whipmaster and Kobold commando, (humanoid=godly with +3 weapons and more hp and crazy other things)...must get...experience and steal skotch's job as a rogue...

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:42 pm

oops that'd be me, obviously