help! Can't get my new feat to work?

For Naeldor discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Tunari
Asia
help! Can't get my new feat to work?

Post by Tunari » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:51 pm

OK,

I need some help from you guys that are knowledgeable about the rules on feats, maybe you know. I don't know.

I picked a new feat when I leveled. The Scribe Scroll feat. Wanting to try it, I leveled a copy of Asia I have to 12, picked that feat. Then went into an area and dropped a few blank scrolls on the ground, took Asia in there picked them up and tried to cast some spells on them..didn't work.

It said *Failure- Not enough XP to create that item*

I tried many of my spells, from the weakest to strongest, says the same thing each time?

There weren't any prerequisites that I saw when I picked that feat, and it only says you need to be a Spellcaster level 1 or more. So, I need some help. Does anyone no why it won't work? Wrong scrolls? Do I need special ones? If that feat was not available for my character, it wouldn't have been there right? Asia is a spellcaster.

Any ideas? Otherwise I need to see if I can de-level next game to repick a feat that works. Or pick the saved Asia, instead of the server one, guess that would work. But any ideas why I can't get the Scribe Spell feat to work?

thanks

Tunari

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:22 am

Nobody knows yet? :( Where's Nitricity, he seems to be an expert on the rules, feats etc..

Really wanted this Feat to work. I have some good group spells that would be beneficial to the group, but usually I want to fill me higher spell slots with offensive/fighting spells. But I have a mass heal spell that would help us all in the tough battles, a couple good group buff/boost spells etc..

Hope someone can tell me about this feat. Would be great to have.

Tunari :)

can't seem to stay logged in under my username. Maybe since I'm on my Dad's pc here in Oklahoma.

Nitricity
Skotch Bippins

Post by Nitricity » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:15 pm

I'm right here ;)

The "not enough XP" is coming up because, you guessed it, you don't have enough XP. Scrolls cost XP and gold to create, and you're probably just barely above your level. (Bioware crafting won't take levels from you, instead it just refuses to craft the item.)

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:18 pm

Great! Now that we've solved that mystery...Asia can make me dozens and dozens of scrolls.

That aside, Nitricity, do you (or anyone else) know how parrying works exactly? I've done some testing, it seems like I roll a Parry check...1d20 plus my parry modifier, and have to beat the DC, which is the incoming attack of the enemy who is attacking me..so if Say...That dragon attacked me, and rolled a 10, and had a 20 attack bonus, then I'd have to reach 30 total to parry the attack?( in sissfus' case...he has 18 parry skill, so if he rolls at 12, he gets 30 total and parries?)

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:25 pm

Hey Nitricity,

thanks for the info. So to test it, I will post into the RP forum, then beginning next game I'll get som EXP points, and if V put some blank scrolls into the merchant shop that I emailed him about, then I should be able to do it!! Hope it works.

I can't stock up too many of the higher spells though, it appears from what I read a nice high spell would only cost me about 60-70 exp points, it would cost me $100-$1500 gold!! So I can stock several at a time though. Higher the spell, the higher the cost in EXP and gold.

Maybe I can sell the staff I found to Zas so I can make some scrolls. I was so tempted to sell the thing. lol Worth $22,000.00!! Only Wiz or Sorc can use it. Or trade for something he doesn't use, that I can then sell for half the worth of the staff maybe.

We'll see. If he doesn't want it at all, I'll sell and make some good group buff scrolls. Got some neat ones I never use.

Thanks for the info guys,

Tunari :)

Nitricity
Skotch Bippins

Post by Nitricity » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:38 pm

You nailed it on the head Bedeo, remember also that you can only parry as many attacks as you have attacks per round, so usually only one enemy at a time can be parried.

TymeSage
Zastaph Mantric

finally

Post by TymeSage » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:49 pm

...sorry, for the late response, tunari. I was occupied during the weekend. :)

of course nitricity is right. you cannot fall under the level while scribing, so it does not work. I personally find it utmost silly to have to invest XPs for crafting scrolls. we should look for a hak to nullify that.

concerning parrying, isnt' there the possibility to counterattack if you rolled exceptionally well? or does my memory play tricks on me? :)