OLD: What has been your favorite adventure?

Discuss the latest poll from www.naeldor.com here

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!
OLD: What has been your favorite adventure?

Post by Venture » Thu May 19, 2005 10:15 am

Over the next few weeks, the poll will ask what your favorite adventure has been, with a few new options each week. I recognize that not all of you have been present for each adventure, especially the older ones, so this poll is far from scientific. That said, the four I pulled out of the hat this week to choose among are as follows:

Escape from Slave Island
This involved your escape after being captured by Gathtaren's trap, following your rescue of Simon's "uncle" (which was a seperate adventure). You met some island natives, and broke into the slavers' fortress, defeating some of the slave lords before escaping the island.

Scourge of the North
This was your adventure in the snowy north and also in the rolling hills of Skotch's homeland. The adventure culminatined with your defeat of Zastaph's old enemy, Zendick, and Simon killing Asia's mom. Zendick had been behind the disappearance of the halflings, as he was using their lifeforce to transform himself into a lich.

The Fall of the Lintaer
This was the original Naeldor adventure, spanning several sessions and locations. You learned that the Tiger Claws had allied with the drow of the Upperdark, and were trying to locate and destroy one of the three Lintaer. The Lintaer were the devices that Karom had created to seal off the Underdark. You successfully saved this first Lintaer.

Beyond World's End
You journeyed into Karom's Land after Ned Shakeshaft, who was searching for the second Lintaer. You also explored the Chasm of Lost Souls, trying to find a soul for Angie. You found a soul for her, and also finally killed Shakeshaft, but you inadvertently destroyed the Lintaer in the process.

Vote now.
Last edited by Venture on Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Tunari
Asia

Re: POLL: What has been your favorite adventure?

Post by Tunari » Thu May 19, 2005 11:27 am

Venture wrote: Escape from Slave Island
This involved your escape after being captured by Gathtaren's trap, following your rescue of Simon's "uncle" (which was a seperate adventure). You met some island natives, and broke into the slavers' fortress, defeating some of the slave lords before escaping the island.
I'd have to go with this one. :D

Asia was able to offer a lot this game. The cell didn't effect her shifting ability, so she was able to switch to badger form, with some help from you scooting her through the bars. She barely survived the fight with the guards (very exciting), she saved the group from the cell. 8)

Once on the island, again Asia was useful. Able to try and fool the tribes with another of her animal forms. 8)

The group haveing to wear little loin clothes lmao, the wrestling pit where our old buddy Simon fought and won a victory.

Some huge and exciting, yet dangerous fights inside the fortress. A couple characters lay near death, but I couldn't find them since Zas cast darkness for "our" escape, but I don't think he told us the plan, so we were just stuck in darkness, unable to find the downed characters while he was probably safe and sound in another room. lmao :wink:

This was my funnest adventure in a while. Whenever your character can do some special things only they could do, it is memorable.

Tunari :D

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Thu May 19, 2005 2:42 pm

For me it has to be Beyond World's End, if for no other reason than Ned's timely demise. I also have fond memories of our fight with the dragon and still wonder why I didn't simply kill Skottie after he robbed the desert tribe.

Nitricity
Skotch Bippins

Post by Nitricity » Thu May 19, 2005 3:10 pm

I'd have to agree Lind... but in answer to your question, you wanted to save him to sacrifice to the dragon (which, as Skotch lay dead on the ground, I surely thought I'd be rolling up a new character).

That whole group of sessions added a lot of conflict to the party and I think they've "grown" because of it. Regardless how many insults are thrown and what crazy antics Skotch does when Asia gives him a little too much ale, the party's still grown a pretty tight "bond" it seems, with the exception of a now-predicted-dead half-orc :P.