OLD: How often do you play Neverwinter Nights?

Discuss the latest poll from www.naeldor.com here

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!
OLD: How often do you play Neverwinter Nights?

Post by Venture » Thu May 12, 2005 12:57 pm

The new poll is up. How often do you play Neverwinter Nights?

I'll start -

Several months ago, my play time was actually much less. I built a few nights of the week for the Naeldor campaign, and DM'd that campaign only. Now, I play as a player in a Tuesday campaign, DM in the Naeldor campaign, and DM in Bigbluepaw's Quent's Respite campaign on Sunday evenings. So. I guess I am playing, building, or DMing several days out of the week. Now that ski season is over, I can build in big chunks, which frees up my other week nights for real life stuff.

Good thing I cancelled that Everquest 2 subscription. I guess that is the downside- I have many other games collecting dust right now, that I bought with every intention of playing.
Last edited by Venture on Thu May 19, 2005 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Miguel
Miguel Marrakesh

Post by Miguel » Thu May 12, 2005 11:09 pm

I'm just playing this campaign.

I occasionally play the single-player game but it gets awfully repetitive after a while - NPC conversation, go retrieve item, NPC conversation, fight monster, Stone of Recall to temple etc etc. I think I'm still on chapter 2 or 3 of the original game.

Ah, to be a carefree kid and play D&D 8 hours a day all summer. Hmm, don't know if I've got the attention span for that anymore. :-)

Mig

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Fri May 13, 2005 8:45 am

You may want to try the Hordes of the Underdark official campaign. While not as much fun as multiplayer, it was, in my opinion, much more enjoyable than the original campaign. I think I may have even played through it twice. As a matter of fact, I felt like each campaign got better from the original game, to SoU, to HotU.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Tunari
Asia

Post by Tunari » Fri May 13, 2005 12:11 pm

Venture wrote:The new poll I have many other games collecting dust right now, that I bought with every intention of playing.
I have some games collecting dust also. But for mine it is becasue my system can't take the games. I think it is just my graphics card, too old to play some of the the newer (last year or two) games. Call of Duty(oringinal) won't play on my pc and Splinter Cell (original) won't play. So they are collecting dust.

I did by my brother NWN PLatinum about a week ago, he had never played it. At the same time I bought myself Age of Mythology whcih I'll play a bit of here and there. I do have a bit of free time to play games, it's just that now it is hard to know when that free time will be available.

Anyway, by brother started me on the pc games 20-25 years ago. Our first computer, the Commodor 64!! woo hoo. Actually his first computer, he is older, so it was his. That's what I played the original Castle Wolfenstein on, fun. Then I didn't play a pc game for many years.
When I was early twenties we shared some apartments. He and I for several years then he and I and one of his college buddies rented a huge 3 bedroom place.

They were still very much into computers(not games so much, as just computers themselves), but they didbuy a game called Red Alert. :) Then I was hooked again. Would play all day and night sometimes.lol We also hooked up lines going throughout the house connecting the pcs and would play against each other. That's when I really got hooked on games again and started buying them myself.

Over the next 10 years til now I always buy them, play them, and then give them to my brother to play. But he is way behind. He has all the Command & Conquers I played, a couple Star Wars games, but he never finishes them. He just finally finished a game off that I gave him about a month ago that was really addictive. And that is the Return to Castle Wolfenstein game.

Anyway, he knew I played a game online but didn't know what it was. We chatted about the game and I told him all about it and the online experience. He also remembers having little lead creatures and a dice bag 20-25 years ago. lol We'll see if he likes it.
Miguel wrote: I occasionally play the single-player game but it gets awfully repetitive after a while - NPC conversation, go retrieve item, NPC conversation, fight monster, Stone of Recall to temple etc etc. I think I'm still on chapter 2 or 3 of the original game.
The next ones were better. You'll meet Deekin in SoU, he is a crack up. The Kobald Bard lol. And in HotU he is the constant companion pretty much. He has some funny stories about what his old Dragon master would do to him. lol

AFter I had played throught all three of the games twice...was when I found NWC. That was where Asia was created. Didn't want her to go away, she was a good character. Also the game let your character go to level 40, but you can't ever reach it!! After playing all three the first time, I think Asia as level 26 or 28. So I went back and blasted through all three again and got her to level 34. Wish they would have designed the game so that your character could actually get to the highest level. O'well.
But yes, the next ones are funner. Don't miss out on Deekin!! lol

Tunari :)

EDIT: ooops, guess I should at least answer the original question. lol .
I play NWN once a week, when I can make it, in our weekly campaign.

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Miguel
Miguel Marrakesh

Post by Miguel » Tue May 24, 2005 7:39 pm

Thanks for the info on single-player. I've got the deluxe DVD so eventually I'll get around to the sequels.

Best single-player game in the genre I've ever seen is Planescape Torment, really liked the storyline and characters in that one.

In non-RPG adventure, I thought Grim Fandango awesome.

My $0.02,

M

Bedeo
The New Boss . . .

Post by Bedeo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:02 pm

Personally I found SOU to be the best, though I liked the later stages of the original too.

I've never been one for dungeon crawls though, so I've never played much past rescuing halaster in HOTU.

You might want to try some of the playermade expansions too, Dreamcatcher 1-5 and The Aeilund trilogy were both favourites of mine

lindalas
Lindalas d'Ebo

Post by lindalas » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:06 am

I only play 1 per week these days (if we have a game and I can make it). I enjoyed the official campaign but there are a few awesome player created mods out there.

Dreamcatcher series
Midsummer Festival/Midwinter/Midnight (can't remember the exact names)
A Harper's Tale
A Sacred Heart

All well worth playing solo.