OLD: How will you fare without Simon up front in battle?

Discuss the latest poll from www.naeldor.com here

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!
OLD: How will you fare without Simon up front in battle?

Post by Venture » Thu May 05, 2005 8:25 am

With Simon gone, the group may need to adjust its tactics. How will your character, and the group, deal with it?
Last edited by Venture on Thu May 12, 2005 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Tunari
Asia

group strategy

Post by Tunari » Thu May 05, 2005 11:54 am

Well Miguel is going to be stuck being out front. He should have the highest strengths and hp, and maybe highest ac. He is barbarian, so that normally would limit his armor wearing capability, but he is a cleric also, so I think that negates the penalty yes? So he can wear better armor. He is going to need to spend a lot of time in the front.

Skotch also will need to stick closer to the group. He is little yes, but his stealth and sneak attacks make him pretty deadly. The group will need him to stick closer to us to help. A lot of times he will be scouting of course, but we need him to come back more often from now on vs hanging out in areas the group is not in.

Asia will do her normal routine, blow through spells or dive into the frontline as long as she can. Bree and our new "musician" will need to really look through there spells to find the "group" buff spells to boost our acs, speeds, abilities etc.. and let those spells fly before our groups gets scattered in a fight. Also Bree and Wilkes can maybe talk together and work out a strategy to help t group. If Miguel is going to be on point, maybe one of them can add a few more "individual" buff spells to hit Miguel with all the time, and the other can add a few more "group" buff spells to help the rest. Also might be good if they coordinate their chosen spells as some of there spells might be duplicates. Won't do any good for them both to hit us with the same buff spells and thus lose the beneift as they in most cases will not stack. We usually are together and then wind up spread out. So again, they need to launch those group buff spells as soon as trouble starts.

Lind and Zas already know what to do and just need to keep doing it. I think Lind will take on more of a leadership role in the group. He is smart and level headed, sometimes a bit too lawful and good, but still good leadership qualities. :)

Those are my thoughts on the situation.

Tunari :)

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Post by Guest » Fri May 06, 2005 12:11 pm

I agree with Tunari. We will have to work on the timing for those buff spells as they just don't last very long in most cases.

Miguel
Miguel Marrakesh

Post by Miguel » Wed May 11, 2005 5:22 pm

I'm happy to be the tin can in front, but I don't do anywhere near as much damage as Simon did. If anyone has items to increase strength or armor I sure could use the help.

I also think that spreading ourselves out more, attacking and retreating, leading our opponents back to us to thin them out is key. Lind and I have missle attacks, and our spellcasters can attack from a distance as well. When we're all bunched together we all get hit by enemy spells, multiple opponents gang up to deal a lot of damage, and I've been caught in Zas's line of fire all too often. Bottling up the enemy in corridors and doorways seems to work better than having a free-for-all in a big room.

Coordinating during the attack so that we focus on taking out one opponent at a time would help too, perhaps a general rule that we eliminate opponents from left to right for example, or take out the weaker creatures first so they don't have as many opportunities to damage us.

Mig

Nitricity
Skotch Bippins

Post by Nitricity » Wed May 11, 2005 6:08 pm

by the way, on the subject of spellcasters, im not sure if this is you zap or if it is our enemies but i've seen a lot of [some caster's name here]'s black tentacles lately and they tend to do a lot more damage to us than the enemy... paralyzes us and beats us to a pulp while the enemy stands outside and beats on us also with arrows... if it's yours i guess i'm just asking to watch out, and if it's not any chance one of the casters could memorize some dispells for the next time we run into it please? :)