OLD: What do you think about Simon's actions?

Discuss the latest poll from www.naeldor.com here

Moderators:Venture, Bigbluepaw

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!
OLD: What do you think about Simon's actions?

Post by Venture » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:10 pm

Simon seems to have turned on you, staying loyal to his mercenary beliefs. How do you feel about it?

Vote over in this week's poll on the front page, and discuss here.
Last edited by Venture on Thu May 05, 2005 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Tunari
Asia

Simon's actions

Post by Tunari » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:11 am

I went with the confused answer on the poll, since I wasn't there , so I don't know the whole story. Was that disclosed in the session? Why he did it? The session summary didn't say a reason?

Anyway, as for how to feel about it, there are many answers I think. Or I should say my character would think. You won't believe it , but Asia isn't the pure light of goodness that she seems. lol She is sorta in between good and evil. Sometimes swaying more to one then the other depending on circumstances. And she is supposed to be neutral good, neutral, or neutral evil. If she looses her neutral by being to good or too evil, she can't level in her class.

To her, it depends on how much danger it put us in, if any? If just locked in a cell to be out of the way for a while is the worst thing, that is not so bad. If Simon is sharing with us part of what must have been a very large bribe/payoff all the better, and he should consider it strongly if he hadn't planned on it.

I believe the summary said he locked a door behind the party, and there were bad guys in the room still. But how tough were they? (I need to go read it again). If just a few bad guys, Simon should be confidant in our abilities to devastate a lot of opponenets, so not so bad. If he knew there was going to be some sort of "impossible" enemy in the room, and a lot of the group might die, that is not so good, even for a large payoff.
He would also again have to consider our survival chances, if he put us in that room, and we do survive, even with the odds badly against us, he must have thought about what we would do to him later.

So, this brings up more questions then answers. And it really depends on the cicumstances to his betrayal. It might be too early to make that call, if we still don't even know why he did it.

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Venture
It's Bunderstuck damnit!

Post by Venture » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:06 pm

I'll let Simon chime in here with his answer, if he reads this. With all the chaos going on, I didn't see how much he conveyed about his reasons, other than to mention that it was the "mercenary way" I think, so I don't want to speak for him. Not only did he lock the group in with the thugs, but I believe he took part in the battle, helping the baddies against the party. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though.
Venture

So you talk to yourself and what do you know /
You answer back with a "Don't say so?"

(from "Something to Say" by the Connells)

Boomer

reasons

Post by Boomer » Sun May 01, 2005 12:09 am

Ok well there were both ooc in ic reasons as to why Simon did what he did. I'll go over the ooc reasons.

OOC- The group interaction was starting to get repitative. I mean trading insults and joking is fun, but once in a while I like a rp event to happen to really shake up the relationship of party members. This seemed to be the perfect way, cause a rift between Simon and others. Now it'll lead to a few sessions in the future of Simon having to work to make the group trust him again, assuming he stays with them.
I knew it was possible that the party couldn't accept him after this which is why I prepared making a new character. So either way, Simon stays or new character, I'd get a new experience with the campaign.

In character reasons- Simon was starting to feel like he was going soft. His a mercenary and he wants to keep to that profession. So when he heard of the bounty of his fellow party members, he decided that he would be involved in their capture. He was pretty sure the party wasn't going to be outright slaughtered, but imprisoned instead.
So he'd betray them and get them in the dungeon. Then get his gold and help free them after that. Was it the morale thing to do? Of course not, but the way Simon see's it is that he gets gold and the group isn't much worst off from it. His seen them take worst.
So Simon decided to take the course of most profit. He would still like to adventure with the group, but he can understand if they want to part ways. Simon though isn't planning to change his greedy nature for anyone. His a Swordsman, not a hero.

Boomer

Tunari
Asia

Re: reasons

Post by Tunari » Sun May 01, 2005 11:41 am

Boomer wrote:but once in a while I like a rp event to happen to really shake up the relationship of party members.
Hope Simon is wearing his +5 heavy armor "cup". :twisted: Asia is gonna shake a couple of his things up with a knee to the groin when she walks in on him! :evil: lol

Justice, voiceless, unseen, seeth thee when thou sleepest and when thou goest forth and when thou liest down. Continually doth she attend thee...

Winsome
Bree Banter

Post by Winsome » Fri May 06, 2005 12:27 pm

I think it was great rp on Simon's part...definitely a Simonish thing to do =P but of course as Bree, she will never comprehend betrayal or accept a traitor as a comrade and will hunt him down eventually in order to visit upon him Tiranda's justice which he has more than adequately earned in her opinion...lol :D

Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss are the things that die inside us while we still live ~Norman Cross